Umbrella Service: FAQ's
Frequently asked questions about umbrella companies
- What do you charge for the umbrella company service?
- Is there a set-up charge or any additional charges I should know about?
- How and when will I get paid under the umbrella company?
- How can I check that I have been paid correctly?
- What expenses can I claim?
- Do Danbro pay my expenses?
- How do you calculate holiday pay?
- How do I claim for holiday or sickness?
- Do I need to arrange for any insurance cover in relation to my contract?
- Do Danbro provide any other benefits to umbrella employees?
- Will you provide income confirmation to support credit/mortgage applications?
- To whom do I send my timesheets?
- When should you receive my timesheet?
- What do I do when my contract/assignment ends?
- What if I have any questions once I have commenced my contract?
- Can you help with my personal tax return?
- What if my circumstances change, would I be better placed trading through a limited company?
- I would like to join Danbro - what's the next step?
- If my contract is within IR35, are there still any advantages to operating my own limited company?
Click here to view our margin chart.
No. With our umbrella company option, we only deduct a margin as and when we process your timesheet. There are no extra deductions.
Our payroll is run on a daily basis, and we have three main payment methods:
- Faster Pay - This is our standard payment method and is included in our margin. You will receive your money on the same day that we process your payment. Some banks do not accept Faster Pay, however you can check by clicking here
- BACS - This payment method ensures you receive your funds within 2-3 working days once it has been processed.
- CHAPS - A one-off, same day payment option. However this will incur a £20 bank charge.
NB: If your bank does not accept Faster Pay, we will process your payment by BAC's transfer unless you opt to use a CHAPS transfer.
Each time you are paid, we will send you a payslip via post or email which will detail your income, expenses and the appropriate deductions.
You can claim expenses that are wholly necessary and exclusively for the purpose of carrying out your contract e.g. business travel. Danbro have a comprehensive expense policy which is fully approved by HMRC. To view our full expense policy, please click here.
No. The amount of expenses you claim is deducted from your gross income, which reduces the taxable amount your salary is based upon. As a result you will benefit from a reduction in the amount of tax and National Insurance you pay. Your expenses are not paid in addition to your income.
Holiday pay is based on 28 days per annum.
You can't claim for either as our umbrella service does not withhold any of your money whilst you are working. However, contractors are entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). Please contact us for details.
No. When you join our umbrella company, you will be covered by £10m Employers Liability, £5m Public Liability and up to £5m in Professional Indemnity Insurance. We also provide personal accident insurance and death-in service cover.
Yes. As an employee of Danbro you are eligible to join the Danbro group pension scheme and the Danbro childcare voucher scheme. Click here for more benefits
We are more than happy to provide any references on request and provide this as part of our umbrella service at no extra charge.
If you have registered with the Danbro Online Timesheet System (DOTS), you can submit your timesheets and expenses to us online. Alternatively, you can fax, post, email or text Danbro your timesheets and expenses. Please ensure you send the original timesheet to your agency.
The sooner you send your timesheet, the sooner you will be paid as we invoice your agency immediately after receiving your timesheet. Please note, some agencies have strict deadlines for payment cycles, which you should ask your agency or one of our business consultants about.
Our umbrella service has no termination deduction; Our margin is deducted only when we process your timesheet/expenses. As you have signed an overarching employment contract, you will be working on a number of different assignments and will remain an employee during and in between these assignments, or alternatively we can send you your P45 upon request.
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and are always happy to deal with any queries you may have. You can contact our customer service team on 01253 600140 or by emailing email@example.com.
Yes. We would be happy to complete this for you, though there would be a small administration charge of £80 (plus VAT) in addition to our Umbrella margin, to cover our costs.
As a firm of regulated accountants we always provided the best advice tailored to your individual circumstances. If you feel that you may benefit from one of our other services, please contact us on 01253 600140 to get advice from one of our specialist consultants.
Register for free - Once you have added your details, one of our specialist consultants will be in touch to ensure you understand everything about our service.
Yes, even if your contract is considered to be inside IR35, there are still some benefits that can make it worthwhile. You can still: claim 5% of your turnover to cover company administrative costs; claim the benefit of being on the flat rate vat scheme; and earn interest on funds held in the business bank account.