Claiming expenses at the end of the tax year

  • What’s a P87 expenses claim?

    It’s a form available from HMRC which is a free of charge, used to claim tax relief for expenses of employment.

  • I’ve never submitted a P87 form before, what do I do?

    If you’ve never had to submit a tax return or P87 before, don’t worry. We can do a tax return for you at a discounted rate, or provide you with all the information you need to submit a P87.

  • How much does a P87 cost?

    If you work through our employment business, you get a discounted rate with our accountants for an end of year Tax Return, this is cheaper than the majority of accountants on the high street, contact us for our most up to date pricing.

  • Can you claim tax and NI relief with a claim at the end of the tax year?

    You can’t claim NI relief on these expenses but making a year-end claim will give tax relief on any allowable expenses. HMRC will decide what is and isn’t allowable but the test will be whether the expense was incurred wholly, necessarily and exclusively for the purposes of your assignment.