Security Privacy & Cookies Policy
Danbro is committed to the online privacy of all its users. This policy statement is designed to give a clear explanation of Danbro’s data processing practices. Danbro will be the data controller of any personal data that you submit when you register as a customer on the Danbro website.
In order to provide users with a personalised and valuable service, we operate a voluntary registration process. During registration a user is required to give their contact information.
Information that we will collect:
- All the information in regards to setting up an account with ourselves such as name, phone number, address and contractual details
- The web server also collects data pertaining to every visitor, including the IP address, the length of time spent on the site, and the pages accessed when visiting the site
- Personal information to identify you as an additional security measure (e.g. Mother’s Maiden Name)
- We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with products purchased, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our products and services. You are not obliged to provide this information, and you can opt out of this correspondence during registration
What we will do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Processing your application
- For registration purposes if you open an account
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- Our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or fax to people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures
- We may periodically send promotional e-mail about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by e-mail, SMS, phone, fax or post, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service or have indicated your desire to opt-out of any or all of these channels either during the registration process or by contacting us subsequently on the contact details set out below
Danbro will use its best endeavours to protect the information you provide. Access to your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
To help us keep this information confidential you should:
- Keep your password secret
- Never distribute the URL’s for pages that you have looked at while logged in as a registered customer
Who we share the information with, and your choices:
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
This process may include sending personal information outside of the European Economic Area and, if necessary, across international borders. The data protection laws in these countries may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change you mind at any time be writing to or e-mailing us.
The data protection officer who operates as the first point of contact for Danbro website users is as follows:
Whitehills Business Park
What is a cookie?
What cookies do we use?
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
We use the following terminology:
Session cookies – only last for the duration of your browsing session on the website. Your web browser would normally delete these when you close the browser.
Persistent cookies – these last longer than the browser session e.g. if you log into a website and then return to the website some days later, the website knows who you are and displays a welcome message to you. Persistent cookies enable this to happen.
First party cookies – these are set by us
Third party cookies – you may notice some cookies that aren’t related to us. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
|Cookie Name||Description and Purpose||Session / Persistent||First / Third Party|
|_utma||Used by Google Analytics. Are used to check approximately how long you stay on a site: when a visit starts, and approximately ends||Persistent||Third Party|
|SESS XXXXXXXX||Server cookie to determine visitor session and to keep you logged in as you navigate the site.||Session||First Party|
Managing your cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. You can delete cookies stored in your browser by using a function in your browser. Whilst this does not mean you won’t collect cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete your cookies after you have been online.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that Danbro is not responsible for the content of external websites.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Danbro is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites and accordingly assumes no responsibility whatsoever in respect of such sites. Furthermore, Danbro does not endorse any products and/or services featured on any third party site. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the site in question.
Email, newsletters, opt out and unsubscribe:
Users have the option to subscribe to various email services, which we offer. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option not to receive these types of communication.
Updating personal information:
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes we will correct, update or remove that user’s personal data as speedily as possible. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. This fee will not exceed £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like us to, correct, amend or update your information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Notification of changes:
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this please email: firstname.lastname@example.org